what kind of fish should I get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freckled0912

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Soon, I will be getting a 29 gallon or larger tank. I have a ten gallon now with three neon tetras, a dwarf gourami and a baby red tailed shark which all of those I will transfer to my newer tank. In my newer tank, I am thinking about 1 or 2 angelfish, the fish in my 10 gallon, 1 or 2 cool loaches such as yoyo loaches, a pleco, and some type of cool bigger hardy fish that wont tear up my neons, and maybe a few ghost catfish. Although my decisions may change, I don't know what the bigger fish that wont tear up my neons should be. any ideas? Oh and I will probably get one or two small algae eaters.

Freckled0912 said:
Soon, I will be getting a 29 gallon or larger tank. I have a ten gallon now with three neon tetras, a dwarf gourami and a baby red tailed shark which all of those I will transfer to my newer tank. In my newer tank, I am thinking about 1 or 2 angelfish, the fish in my 10 gallon, 1 or 2 cool loaches such as yoyo loaches, a pleco, and some type of cool bigger hardy fish that wont tear up my neons, and maybe a few ghost catfish. Although my decisions may change, I don't know what the bigger fish that wont tear up my neons should be. any ideas? Oh and I will probably get one or two small algae eaters.

Hi! Just a few things. That RTS will get too big for that size tank. I think they need 100g tank minimum. So if you rehomed that you could do:
8 neon tetras
Dwarf gourami
2 german blue rams
4 khuli loaches
1 pearl gourami.
8 panda Cories .

I did that stock based on if the tank was 40g. The rams and the pandas need pristine water quality so make sure you stay on top of that.

Is you get a pleco DO NOT just get a common pleco. They get HUGE! Like two feet long! They won't stop growing because your tank is small! You can however get a smaller pleco like a Rubber Lip Pleco or a Bristlenose Pleco. They usually get less than 6 in long I believe. The Shark will probably get too big for a 29 gal so you might consider something larger. Just make sure you do plenty of research on the fish you are buying before you buy it and make sure they are right for your tank. Believe me, it pays off. :) Also, I have not done to much research on angelfish but I don't think 10 gallons is enough for two full grown angelfish (could be wrong though). If you would like a loach you might want to consider a Kuli or maybe a Dojo. (Im not sure what tank size you need for the Dojo, I just know a friend of mine used to have one and it was really cool!
Like I said before, just research all fish before you buy and don't just take the advice from people on this site. Type your question in on google and see what else comes up. (eg. "What size tank can a (the fish you are wanting) live in?" Or "What can I put in my 29 gallon freshwater aquarium?") You will be surprised how much info you can get off google. :)

Back
Top Bottom