What Kind of Fish Should I Get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmw80

Aquarium Advice Addict
The catch...I am not sure what species I would like. I have a 46g tank and in it I have as follows:

1 common pleco
2 algae eaters
4 various catfish
2 kissing gouramis
1 gold gourami
1 neon blue dwarf gourami
1 molly
1 angelfish
1 betta

All the fish get along just great with the exception of the bullies of the tank - the 2 kissing gouramis. Anyone have any suggestions on a new species to add to the tank, or which species would get along well with my current species?

There is a divider on the top of the tank (just fake plant wound around the divider that came with the tank). This insures that one side of the tank has a pretty high current and one side is very calm....ok, let me know what you think!! :D :D :D

I like my fish in little shoals of 4 to 6 fish, I think some of the fish prefer it that way too. Maybe you could get some more of what you've got rather than having mainly individuals. I've got a pair of angels and its great the way they stick together in the tank. They've laid eggs too. :)

I had 2 other angelfish in the tank and they were fighting all the time. They basically killed each other :( So, no more angels for me, lol. I do plan on getting another blue dwarf gourami. And a couple more catfish...maybe corys I don't know. I am just trying to prevent impulse buying at the store....you know?

yeh, i know what you mean. I've often had an idea what I want, then I go in the shop and get distracted and come out with something different. Have fun choosing 8)

I wouldnt get any gouramies, the more in a tank, the worse they get along. Ad with schooling fish, make sure the angelfish wont be able to eat them Lastly, mollies really do best in brackish tanks, which the rest of your fish dont. Try finding it a new home.

Back
Top Bottom