What kind of Fishtank is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boy do I feel stupid.. That is in fact a super awesome "FISH" tank indeed! Sorry op, I missed that.. So back in track, it will probably require a pump of sorts to run the chambered filter in back!

so there is hope to revive this tank right

I was taking you word seriously since you have that nice fancy green "Aquarium advice supporter" lol just joking :dance:

Anyways I plan to use this tank this way as it seems to be reasonable and just because I have no clue on how else it could be used.:fish2:

so there is hope to revive this tank right I was taking you word seriously since you have that nice fancy green "Aquarium advice supporter" lol just joking :dance: Anyways I plan to use this tank this way as it seems to be reasonable and just because I have no clue on how else it could be used.:fish2:
aww man, I paid for that so I could post more pictures haha, I'm the biggest hack in here;) I feel embarrassed for missing the first picture.. I'd say you have one of the coolest tanks I've seen in a while! I really like filtration and yours is chalk full of it. Unfortunately I can't offer you more info in what it takes to run that bad boy. Google or start a new thread??

The floss you found looks appropriate, you could use a fliter sponge instead. There's nothing wrong with either: your choice.

The carbon is also appropriate. Not all fishkeepers use carbon 24/7. Carbon will remove ultrafine particles from the water. Once it is exhausted it must be replaced, which may become expensive. Typically, I'll add carbon after I finish treating the water for disease or redecorating. If I am not using carbon, I put ceramic rings or bioballs in its place.

The pump you selected is not for aquarium use. I might use something like that to pump out a boat or basement. Look for a pump that is designed for aquarium use (Try Eheim) and make sure that it will fit into your sump before purchasing it. Further, I recommend a pump with a prefilter to prevent debris from entering and damaging the pump.

Vinyl tubing and a bulkhead fitting can be used to connect the pump to the outlet.

I dont think my other comment is approved yet or will be approved because i added amazon links.

Well I wanted to say thank you for the image it seriously helps a lot.

I been wanting an aquarium and my dad put this aquarium away a because he was to lazy too clean it.:fish2:
I been cleaning it with a light scrub right now.
He said someone gave him the aquarium and doesnt really know much about aquariums. He said he would just fill all the chambers with bio balls.

Im now looking on amazon for the items you pointed out on the image. I linked the amazon items on another comment but that has to be approved. I wanted anyones input if the items I linked would work.
Hopefully it gets posted.
Thank you again

There's nothing wrong with this approach. You can change out the carbon for more bioballs. I would keep the floss though. You will need to put a pump in though, otherwise the water won't move. :)

Back
Top Bottom