What kind of food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rolance

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 55 gallon community tank (fluval 406, sand/fluorite substrate, driftwood, planning on getting plants)

What kinds of different quality foods should I get for rainbows, gouramis, otos, neon tetras, Denison barbs, and Corys?
I've only ever used omega flakes before but now I want to get a variety of good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I like the New Life Spectrum pellets. I also mix it up with frozen bloodworms.

For your otos, you should purchase some zucchini, cut it into slices and then freeze. The frozen zucchini will sink to the bottom, and the otos will learn to eat it. When I had otos, I also use to feed them sheets of dried algae. You can purchase nori (dried seaweed used to make sushi rolls) at an Asian specialty market.

Ok cool I'll definitely try that

The omega one foods typically get a bit messy for some reason although they are very good foods. Ive found that they leave a lot of debris left in the tank which leads to more waste. Try the hikari pellets. They seem to keep the tank a bit cleaner and with sand substrate like yours itll save you a world of hurt with cleaning the sand!

Ok cool I'll look up both of those. What do Cory's like the most?

What kind of live foods do you feed to rainbows and Denison barbs?

My corys really enjoy the frozen bloodworms. They like the pellets too because they get to the bottom quickly.

The hobby has changed very much over the years, and there are very few local fish stores left. I used to be able to purchase live blackworms locally, but now I have to order them from California. Nothing makes a cory happier than some live worms. I splurge a couple of times a year on the live blackworms.

Oh. We have a lfs not far from home that may have something like that. I'll have to see. You order on Amazon?

When I get my Corys I will try the pellets too

Back
Top Bottom