What kind of pleco is this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joemamauggly

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was told it was a clown pleco when I bought it but I know it's not. I know most people don't have these as centerpiece fish but this is really my favorite fish and I'd like to know what it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1452222735292.jpg
    1452222735292.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 93
The angle and distortion from the glass make it near impossible to say what it really is, but I can tell you that it is no clown pleco.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here's an older pic

Attachments

• 1452263831049.jpg
    1452263831049.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 92
Looks like some sort of horned pleco. Not sure exactly, but looks like it has horns to me! Maybe a rhino? Lol

No not at all here's a good pic

Attachments

• 1452309516726.jpg
    1452309516726.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 68
Check into the hypancistrus type of plecos. I'm betting it fits in that category. Definitely check planet catfish database

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Went to the store where I got him today and he is from a tank clearly labeled clown plecos. I can't find anything online about it either.

Went to the store where I got him today and he is from a tank clearly labeled clown plecos. I can't find anything online about it either.

Dont take this wrong but many times employees at lfs confuse things. My lfs has some employees that know nothing about plants for instance yet they have him put them away. Could have also been a mislabel from the wholesaler and the lfs didn't catch it. That happens a lot too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yah I'm just concerned that I might not have room for him now

Back
Top Bottom