what kind of pleco would be good for a 10 gal. tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have kept a tiny clown pleco in a 10 gal for over a year--I may have stunted his growth, since he's still tiny :oops: The tank had only four other 1 to 1 1/2 inch fish (shell dwellers) and lots of filtration.
If you are understocking and over filtering and doing weekly PWCs, a rubber lip pleco or pitbull pleco may do well. It's often hard to tell who is who at the store and I rarely see or hear of the pitbulls (they stay under 3") anymore :? It's very possilbe to pick up a pleco that will quickly out grow a 10 gal.

EdgarMedina1010 said:
JustOneMore20 said:
I agree with fishyfanatic. If you are looking for an algae eater, go with ottos or snails.
yeah i was thinking ottos......how about panda corys?

I strongly reccomend otos. The main reason is you will get them to eat algae but you will love to watch them zip back and forth in your tank as well.

I really think panda cories get too big for a 10g. If you just want a bottom feeder in general (since cories don't eat algae), I'd try to find some Pygmy cories or Habrosus Cories (also called Salt and Pepper). They stay around 1 inch and would be perfect for a 10g.

My pandas are about 2 inches long and I think they deserve more space than a 10g has to offer.

Ottos are great if you are looking for an algae eater.

Pygmy cories are my favorites!! They will zip up and down the water column unlike the larger cories who mainly stay on the bottom.

I think i might get two ....but now i have to get rid of a baby pleco i had in there .......... i dont want to sell him though ...so i might give it away...

Back
Top Bottom