What Kind Of Puffer??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlonelyCody

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got a FW puffer a week ago. I cant find any information online about him. The LFS called him a Neon Dwarf Puffer. I have had Indian Dwarf Puffers before and he looks a lot like them but, he does have a neon tint to him. He is kind of yellowish-olive with brownish blackish spots and the spots are neonish, his eyes are blue. Sorry i am not sure how else to explain it. I have been feeding him frozzen brine, he loves it he will take it out of my hand. Any information on the Neon Dwarf Puffer would be much greatly appreciated.

Thank You. :?

It's just a dwarf puffer, there is only one kind of dwarf puffer.
Brighter colours indicate it's happier and is bothered or stressed out.
It also indicates a good diet.

Seeing as you're feeding it brine shrimp, it can't be diet. Brine shrimp are 99% water and not very nutritious. Feed it small snails and blood worms, as well as black worms and any live foods you can get your hands on.

OK. Thank you for the info. I will pick up some blood warms today. there are snails in the tank. but i don't know if there are any small enough, since he is so small. his coloration gets darker when i feed him. and he eats a lot. but i will start giving him a variety of foods. he will not touch flake. :p

Dwarfs are good fish, we actualy cary them at Pet'smart. I don't have much experience with them, barring that they're finaky eaters.

Yes they are wonderful fish. they are very cute. i got some ghost srimp today and put them in there. so he isn't alone. and they will help a little with keeping the tank clean. and if he takes one down, that is cool because they are cheap. (O: and he would have a really good mean. LOL thank you for the links smilla4 i have found them very helpful. :mrgreen:

well isnt there kinds of dwarf puffer the carniotetradon travan corius and the uhh tetradon imitator

That 2nd link is a rough translation from Japanese. Your puffer is called a neon dwarf. Lucky find! Pretty fish.

Back
Top Bottom