What kind of Rams are these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
20180912_010743.jpg

20180912_010758.jpg

20180912_010936.jpg

Please reply. Thanks

All of them look like really dull German rams to me. I had one that looked extremely similar to those pics.

I think they are Bolivians
All of them look like really dull German rams to me. I had one that looked extremely similar to those pics.
They look like GBR IMO. Not in great condition.
Sadly agree
I was on the fence, hoping they were Bolivians
Thanks fof the replies. Well i thought they are some other kind of rams and not gbr. Unfortunately i bought them as the store was not having nice looking gbrs but if they are gbr why they are so dull? Now they are with me in planted tank with so much place to hide and temperature is ideal for them. Store guy told me they were like this since when he bought from his supplier. Same kind of rams i seen in another store. I asked them if they are GBR and they say me some name in arabic and not gbr they say. Its really very frustrating where i live. Store guys don't even know name of fish and every time i have to id a fish online at forums which results in many time disaster in tank because of incompatibility with existing fish i have. If they are GBR what can i do to have them there colors back? These pictures i posted are from my tank.

Pristine waters, 82°f, good frozen foods and a exceptionally clean tank. They dont survive in my planted tanks very long. In bare bottom tanks I am keeping them longer than i have ever before

Pristine waters, 82°f, good frozen foods and a exceptionally clean tank. They dont survive in my planted tanks very long. In bare bottom tanks I am keeping them longer than i have ever before
Thanks. Will try that. I have severe allergy to bloodworms. What other frozen foods are good for rams?

Thanks. Will try that. I have severe allergy to bloodworms. What other frozen foods are good for rams?
Frozen .live or freeze dried Black worms are great.Many with allergise to blood worms use them in their place. They among some of the most nutritious food offered.(y)

I concur with the blackworms. I’ve handled live blackworms and the fish love them. I’ve been able to sustain a culture for a few months as well.
Frozen bloodworms are an issue. Never handled live ones. Surprisingly, freeze dried bloodworns are not a problem.

Try some frozen brine shrimp
Frozen .live or freeze dried Black worms are great.Many with allergise to blood worms use them in their place. They among some of the most nutritious food offered.(y)
I concur with the blackworms. I’ve handled live blackworms and the fish love them. I’ve been able to sustain a culture for a few months as well.
Frozen bloodworms are an issue. Never handled live ones. Surprisingly, freeze dried bloodworns are not a problem.
Thanks a lot guys. Very very helpful. I ll try ti find some frozen stuff like blackworms.

Back
Top Bottom