What kind of Rasbora?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarahsunshine

Aquarium Advice Activist
When I set up my tank, I got 6 neons and 6 harlequin rasboras. Last time I went to the LFS I think that mine look a lot more like the Porkchop Rasboras than the Harlequins...

How can I know what kind I got? How do I tell the difference?

Here's a try but I am having a hard time focussing.

img_1061024_0_c903da5d29f53d6647ea4c3bd82ff82d.jpg

The ones you have here I believe are Espe's Rasbora, i may be wrong though anyone else please feel free to correct me if i'm wrong. I know for sure that they are not harlequins though, harlequins have a much larger black hatchet area than these ones, nice fish :). I have harlequins so thats how im so sure that these ones aren't them, lol.

My, My... I guess I'll just have to wait and see how big they get!!! LOL!

According to the link dkpate posted they will only reach 1" in size which is fairly small, i think thats roughly the same size as harlequins, give or take. they're nice though :D

HMMMM.... the few links that I've seen say that Harlequins should get to be about 4-5cm - 1.5-2"...

I guess everything I looked at is a little goofy.

That's OK. They're nice fish and more colourful than I expected.

Mine stopped growing at about 1 inch. Your's might get bigger though, I don't know. I like them though! Mine make me laugh, constantly chasing eachother.

Back
Top Bottom