What kind of snail do i have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscarr19

Aquarium Advice Addict
I wanted a nerite but i doesn't seem like any of my LFS had. I pick this one up for my 5G. I'm not to familiar with snails so i can't really identify it. For all i know its a nerite lol and do i have to feed it anything or will it survive off the tanks algae?

img_1467547_0_9eedd5a7dde66ea3f77ef73fa9650f73.jpg

Haha sweet! It was just marked as snail and I got it because of the shell. Seemed like a nerite but I wasn't sure.

it's a nerite. i have 2 just like it. they called mine tiger snails. very active snails.

Yea i'm really happy so far. Hasn't stopped since i got him.

Oh quick question! His shell is a little chipped as you see in the picture. Will it heal or change color?

My Zebra Nerite has the tip of his shell chipped, ad its been like that since I got him. His hasn't healed or changed colour, so it probably won't, no. :fish2:

my one has a chipped shell as well and it's been like that for months. doesn't seem to bother him.

Thanks! Might actually consider getting 5 or 6 of these for my 32G.

That would be very cool. I got 1 zebra nerite and now I am addicted! Although, I am still quite loyal tomy apple snails also. I like that they get so big.

I just got two other nerites. If you'd like to see them check of my 5G thread. The link is in my sig ;)

Back
Top Bottom