What lives with your betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One betta lives with a rubber lip pleco, six cories, long finned danios, neon tetras, an ADF and a small angelfish and small leopard bush fish, the latter two will be moving once they are large enough for the big kid tank. Another betta lives with a nerite snail, dwarf cories, threadfin rainbows, a killifish, ADFs, and a small bristlenose pleco. She's also lived with ghost shrimp but I can't keep them alive.

Betas get along with neon tetras and most fish that are small and don't have big fins betas don't exactly see well so if it's big or looks like a beta it will attack it

A female betta and 7 Pygmy catfish. They seem to be getting along for now. We need to get a cave for the catfish.

They're in a 10g now but were together in a 5g temporarily for a few days.

My betta fish lives with a Kuhli loach in a tank with some plant and gravel!! Hope this helped but also if you look up betta fish tank mates there is a lot of suggestions (mostly bottom feeders)

Luv4bettas

My betta lives with Cory cats, harlequin rasboras, rummynose tetras, and dark phantom tetras, in a 36 gallon bowfront.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My betta fish lives with a Kuhli loach in a tank with some plant and gravel!! Hope this helped but also if you look up betta fish tank mates there is a lot of suggestions (mostly bottom feeders)

Luv4bettas

Yup! Thanks!

I love the way one of our LFS locations has bettas in community tanks only, to dispel the notion that all bettas are mean loners. I thought a similar thread here might be inspiring too! Display your community!

We had a female betta with a bunch of Otos in a 10.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Yup! Thanks!

I love the way one of our LFS locations has bettas in community tanks only, to dispel the notion that all bettas are mean loners. I thought a similar thread here might be inspiring too! Display your community!

We had a female betta with a bunch of Otos in a 10.

That's awesome about your lfs!

And that sounds great that you had the female and the Otos.

I have(had, he's MIA) a male with harlequin rasboras, cories, male and female guppies, other male bettas, mollies, CAE(not anymore), and zebra danios. But not all at once but same betta

Fishobsessed7

That's awesome about your lfs!

And that sounds great that you had the female and the Otos.

The female was actually more aggressive than the male, she was about to be pulled out when she died (fresh from PetSmart). Then I moved the male from his tank and he didn't pay attention to them at all. The female even went after the Malaysian trumpet snails all the time (might have choked on one).

And yes one LFS never keeps bettas in cups or vases any longer. They always go into a community tank. The store still sells microscopic tanks for them but encourages a large tank.

Oh wow. I'm sorry you lost her :(. I'm glad the male got along w the other fish :)

That's awesome! I wish "fish tanks/habitats" under a gallon were not made or sold. And only a gallon minimum for Bettas and never that size for any other fish! I'm glad they encourage bigger though at your lfs.

Oh wow. I'm sorry you lost her :(. I'm glad the male got along w the other fish :)

That's awesome! I wish "fish tanks/habitats" under a gallon were not made or sold. And only a gallon minimum for Bettas and never that size for any other fish! I'm glad they encourage bigger though at your lfs.

At the very least, they should post "if you buy this size, prepare to change --% of the wage every -- days", and people might opt for bigger tanks. I wasn't able to stabilize water quality in a gallon, I have to go with a 3 minimum.

Now I'm hijacking my own post ... Lol.

Back
Top Bottom