What looks better to you guys ? Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candymancan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got my Duel plant grow Power compact bulb in today, I had to cut my square pin plug off my light fixture and wire the wires directly to the bulb because its a straight pin.. But the bulb itself seems awfully HOT pink... Ive never used plant grow bulbs for high output lighting, just for t8s and t8's are more purpleish than pink..

Im not too sure about how my tank looks with this bulb in.. Its with a 6700/10k light.. Here are 2 pics with the pink on and off.. what looks better to you guys ? Its kind like the first one has a wash of pinkish in the tank, but the second one looks kinda yellow lol

img_3079474_0_d63a97804a25dffb2f89ae79aa6c8fc2.jpg

img_3079474_1_670fc0b316cd044888bd11885b1c9dc7.jpg

img_3079474_2_3f4b28e784a63326e1bd4b6b47c085e9.jpg

It's nearly impossible to give an accurate opinion on look comparison of lighting just because the camera changes the base colors from what it looks like irl.

After saying that, I would say the first picture looks better to me.

No actually the pics look just like real life, the second pic the green plants look more green without the pink light on.. They look radiated green, but with the pink on they look more yellowish

Yes I can see what your talking about. Plants looks nicer in secnd pic. I said first pic because water looks cleaner. Water in second pic looked more green.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yea the plants look nicer with just the 6700/10k on but the water and the wood look yellow but it might be because of the rocks choice I picked.. Or maybe the driftwood. I haven't put the purigen in the tank yet to remove tannins as its still cycling. The pink light deff makes the water look better.. The purple floramax t8s over my 27g have an effect like that too.. They make the water clearer looking but they don't drasticly turn the tank pinkish..

I dunno lol hard choice I like how my plants look better without the pink light.. I honestly wasn't expecting it to be HOT PINK and this bright lol but I guess I forgot this is a 65W PC bulb not some dim 17w T8.. I ordered another bulb a 6700/6700 im going to combine that with the 6700/10k in there and see what I like better then... I know the pink one is still the best as far as plants go though but it makes some things look funky.. I guess I also need to get some fish in there and see how they look. The plant T8S really make the fish colors pop out and glow so I wonder if this pink light will do that too.

This tank and light fixture I bought from the guy on c raigslist gave me all his crap.. And in one of the boxes there is a Sunpaq 65W ballast.. The orbit fixture I have deff has the room inside for a 3rd ballast and I MIGHT be able to redo the inside where the reflector and 2 PC BULBs are to fit a 3rd one.. It would bring my tank wattage to 195w watts though but 4 white lights and 2 pink might drown out the excessive pink. What do you think ? Too much lighting ?

Back
Top Bottom