what should i do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well my angel hasn't been eating for about a week now. He usually just swims idle in one spot in the tank and it doesn't look like he is in good health. Sometimes he will kind of spin aimlessly and do semi-back/front flips. It's really sad watching him like this =\ I do not have the funds for a QT tank and all of his other tankmates (another angel, cories, 2 rainbows) are eating fine and look normal. Water conditions are fine...

So my question is this: should I just let him go quickly (euthanize :?) or continue and hope that he will recover? (looks unlikely)

I don't want him to suffer that much longer and I was considering "putting him to sleep" but I wanted some other opinions before I make such an important decision.

Very sad. I've never seen an angel recover from this affliction. :(

When he flips, does he do that in open water, or close to a plant or something? Can it be that he tries to scratch himself? If yes, where? Just somewhere on the body or on the gills?

Open water, he doesn't look like he's annoyed or anything..more of a helpless struggle D:

That's sad... I don't know much about sick fish but if it was my fish I'd let him be and keep hopping that he'd get better... till the end. You never know. But that's just me. :(

Well I just got home from school and I found him tangled up in one of the fake plants..I'm not surprised though, he hadn't ate in quite awhile.

He did give me quite a scare though as I netted him and while I was walking to the bathroom, he kinda twitched a little..one last struggle I guess. I did euthanize him though, just to make sure :(

Sorry for your loss. Kudos to you for making sure he was gone by humanely euthanizing him. It shows you cared a lot and did all you could.

did you flush it? i would of euthanized a different way. they are still alive when they get flushed down the toilet so there will be some suffering there. Also if it had adisease it might get into a local waterstream and infect other fsih, might not happen but....

good that you euthanized it but i wouldnt of flushed it.

or did i read it wrong and you euthanized it Then flushed it? if that hten good for doing that but theres still alittle worry about disease transfer.

flamingonhot said:
or did i read it wrong and you euthanized it Then flushed it? if that hten good for doing that but theres still alittle worry about disease transfer.

i was going to straight up flush him, but after i saw him moving around a little i knew he wasn't completely dead, so yes, i did euthanize him then flushed him.

Back
Top Bottom