What should i do!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Japola44

Aquarium Advice Freak
Right now i have a 10gal with the whole set up and my baby bichir in it. I am going to start cycling my 20 gal tank to put the bichir in. I plan on giving him to one of the teachers at my school when he out grows it just because I bought him with out thinking about how much it would cost to buy a 50gal tank. Back to my point. Im looking for ideas on what to put in my 10 gal and what to put in the 20 gal with my bichir. I was thinking to get some dwarf puffers for the 10 gal but is that a good size for them? Let me know what you think.

You could possibly get like 2 dwarf puffers for your ten gallon.

Here's what's in my ten gallon right now-
3- Metae Cory cats
1- female Betta Splendens
1- Longfinned albino bristlenose pleco
1- Mustard spot pleco
1- Albino fancy guppy (saved from a pond tragedy :cry: )
3- Glow-light tetras
1- Flying fox
2- Hillstream loachs

Now basically anyone in this forum will say that this is overstocked; however, the water params are good (ph 6.8, ammonia 0ppm, nitrate 0ppm) and this is a heavily planted tank. I have 3 pieces of driftwood covered in java moss, one piece of wood with a type of Anubias growing on it, 3 pieces of petrified wood, about 6-7 aponogetons (one currently flowering), Anubias nana growing in the gravel, Cryptocoryne wendtii, and 3 lily plants.

The tank has been up and running for 2 years.

Id say definitely try the dwarf puffers! They are awesome fish and you could do between 1-3 in a 10 gallon tank. If you can try to get 2 females and 1 male... thats what i was told when i was thinking of getting a puffer tank, although i have no clue how to sex them. :roll: buuuuut... remember puffers can be with puffers ONLY and you have to provide something like pond snails or the small variety of ramshorns for them to crunch on to keep their beaks sharp.

Just was doing some reading, here is a great site for dwarf puffers:

http://www.dwarfpuffers.com/intro4.htm

http://www.dwarfpuffers.com/intro1.htm

I'd put the puffers in the 10 gallontank for now and when you give up the bichir then figure what to put in the 20gal-Anne
Bichirs are predatory fish non agressive but predatory none the less and they tend to be territorial and a 20 gal tank isn't that big

Back
Top Bottom