What should I do with my 10 gallon aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What should I do with my 10 gallon

• Betta Sorority tank

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Shrimp Tank (if this one please tell me what kind of shrimp you would do)

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Guppy tank

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • other

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cantra

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm starting on my ten gallon this weekend and I know I can't put fish in it right away and need to wait till it cycles but I wanted to try to figure out what to do with it before I do anything with it

Cherry shrimp and maybe some snails.

nano fish. there plenty of small schooling fish that you can fit a nice small school in there. shrimp is also a option.

Fancy Guppies, tetras and some shrimp. (I said that only because that's what I have in my 10g tank!) Dwarf/honey gouramis are great too but I don't have them. Sad.

Ok.... another option if you want a really unique tank.... Peacock Gudgeons with a school of ember tetras. :drool:

img_985333_0_66ffc9cbad12d15aa4809cd52ceeee8d.jpg

Ok.... another option if you want a really unique tank.... Peacock Gudgeons with a school of ember tetras. :drool:
the color mix on those would look great. once you step away from the petsmart fish you start to find there so many really cool and colorful fish out there.

sounds like that would be cool! I like the idea but would the peacock gudgeons really be alright in a ten gallon? all the info I've found on them say at least a 15 gallon aquarium

You could maybe get away with a pair in a 10g. I would recommend something like a 20g long though. I found a few of these gudgeons on aquabid a few months back.

ok so no to them then i guess until I can get a bigger tank...
any other idea's

I'd do some higher grade crystal red and crystal black shrimp in a tank with either red cherry shrimp, snowball shrimp, or blue pearl shrimp. Could also do tiger shrimp or blue tiger shrimp instead of the CRS/CBS.

Back
Top Bottom