What should I do with my old 10 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tropical

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have an old 10 gallon tank just sitting in my basement and I think I might set it up this summer. I was thinking all or partial sand (maybe a sand "river"). I might see if I can put some cfl's in the old hood and maybe add some lowlight plants. I was considering breeding shrimp (maybe fancy guppies?) in it just to make a little money.

What would you do with a 10 gallon? Any ideas?

I really don't know about planted tanks, but I'd find a way to set it up as a QT tank and see if plants would work in there.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium

That is exactly what I will be using mine for when I finish preparing my 55-gal. I've always tend to use 10-gal for this purpose anyway. It's very handy when you need to dose fish with medications. You don't need to use as much for one thing. It's also easier to dose when you don't have to worry about the effects of the medication on the other inhabitants and plants in the tank.

Many mollusks and crustaceans don't do well with copper-based medications and Corydoras absolutely should not be exposed to salt. Being scaleless they have no defense against it.

IMO would set it up as a crs tank there a blast to watch and are worth about a buck each once they start to breed

I think a crs tank would be aweome.

I don't really need a QT tank. My only other tank is a 20 gal with a ram and some platy.

Back
Top Bottom