what should we get next

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwandrsn

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok when my tank gets done cycling. What fish can we get that will get along with what we have now.

20 gallon . Planted. 77 degrees and my Ph is around 7.8-8.0

We have:

6 male guppies (2 solid colored, 1 tuxedo, 2 cobra, 1 lyre-tailed)

3 albino cory catfish

2 albino bristle-nosed plecos

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

I was wanting some neons I think they were they were small and had a red stripe. I was also thinking about a snail our two and the guy at the lfs was trying to sell me a bunch of ghost shrimp? if I am reading right snails and shrimp eat algae as well as my bristle noses. would they get enough our would I need to feed them more?

do they get along with the fish I have? Its a new tank would they get enough to eat? Don't know anything about shrimp

Yeah they should get along with your fish. They will scavenge the bottom for food. I like to get a pinch of flakes and put my hand down to the bottom near where they hang out and let the flakes fall to the floor. They come right out and start grazing.

Ok cool I didn't know my bristles hang out on the bottom. Like I said the only thing I know about shrimp is the taste good with cocktail sauce lol. no seriously I just want sure if they would get along. The lfs guy told me they mostly sell them as food that's why they were 10 for 2. He also told me he likes to advise fish owners with kids to get some incase they put to much food in the water.

I checked a sure that sells fish (can't see how people order fish from the site. 35$ shipping on orders under 200$) I can't even fit 35$ worth of fish in my aquarium anyways I'm getting off topic. The site says they will get a inch long. But I guess with them bring on the bottom they won't be crowding. Do they swim around or stay on the bottom?

They stay on the bottom. Sometimes they will scale the sides of the glass though. Ive never seen mine get higher than 8" up and they rarely do it.

Ok thanks. I will look into getting some. I like the idea of having things other than guppies. That's why I got the corys and the bristles. I love the corys. They have their own personalities. I bought two at first one is really tiny and then the other is a hair longer. When I went back to get another the lady gave me one that is about 2" the other 2 act completely different now. They are funny to watch. named the big one "fat cat" and the tiny one "mini me"

Cool. I think you will really like them. The only problem is that they are hard to see. I have black sand substrate so I can usually find them. Anything but black and they will probably blend in pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom