what size tank?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angels004

Aquarium Advice Regular
im not looking foward to spending the money lol and all i have is $40..theres a starter set at petsmart that has everything in it but i think its only a 5 or 7 gallon would i be able to keep guppies in it ??

If you have a walmart nearby, you can get a 10 gallon starter kit for 30 dollars. It includes tank, filter, light, (some other things) and i think fish food and water conditioner. That would be the minimum size I think you should start with. If you do end up getting the 5-7 gallon, you can definitley no way keep angelfish. Maybe 2 or 3 guppies. But its going to be alot harder to take care of. What kind of filter (if any) does this kit come with?

this is thee information it gave about it on petsmart.com

Creating an underwater world is even more fun when you use one of these brightly colored aquariums! Acrylic aquariums have sleek, bow-front styling, which creates a dramatic presentation and offers a better view of your fish. The hood has an integrated lighting fixture with on/off switch and a convenient, flip-top opening for feeding. Along with the aquarium, you'll also receive a Whisper Power Filter, for efficient, two-step filtration; Tetramin Fish Food and Aqua Safe Water Conditioner.

petsmart is expensive when it comes to aquariums..maybe i should go to walmart instead lol

you can get that same kit at walmart way cheaper. walmart is definitley cheaper on tanks (for the few they have). I have one that sounds extremley familiar to the one you described for my betta. its 2.5 gallons and was $20 at walmart.
But if you can get the 10gallon starter at walmart. That way you'll have more $$$ for fish!

I definitely recommend getting as large a tank as you can. Ten gallons may not seem much different from five or seven gallons but it does make a big difference in the number of fish you can keep successfully. The larger the tank the more stable an environment it is for your fish and the easier it will be for you to maintain. You also have more options for decorating your tank.

what i think im going to do is save up & get a 29 gallon at wal-mart so i can get an angelfish & some other kinds

yeah you'll be better off doing that. remember to do tons of price shopping, ask about upcoming sales, and add up the costs of absolutely everything you'll need to buy from the high wattage lighting to the turkey baster. EVERYTHING

I would recommend replacing the filter that comes with the kit. IMO the Whisper filters just aren't that great, or whatever other cheap filter is included. I had a 10 gallon kit that came with a Regent (I think) filter and I hated it. I replaced it with a Penguin mini; Aquaclears are great too. You'll thank yourself! The 29 gallon sounds like a great choice BTW. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom