What species is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

astronomicallee123

Aquarium Advice Activist
I really just can't tell, he's about 12 years old now

Attachments

• image-3889156294.jpg
    image-3889156294.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 129
I don't think this will be too helpful because I am not a super goldfish smart person, but it looks almost like a regular commet goldfish. I'm probably wrong, though :lol:

Might have a mod move this into the Coldwater, Native Fish, and Pond section of the forum. That's where the super goldfish smart people hang out :)

Looks like a comet to me too. 12 years old that is great.

It is a common goldfish not a comet. Comets have more slender bodies with longer tails. Common goldfish over time with enough room can grow huge.

Here's one of my favorite common goldfish pictures showing how huge they can get.... Google Image Result for

It is a common goldfish not a comet. Comets have more slender bodies with longer tails. Common goldfish over time with enough room can grow huge.

Here's one of my favorite common goldfish pictures showing how huge they can get.... Google Image Result for

That's not a goldfish... It's a Koi carp, but not a goldfish.

The largest recorded goldfish reached around 19 inches I believe.

Here a pic of it;

image-2695825889.jpg

And here's a source;

http://www.buzzreactor.com/articles/giant-goldfish-caught

Yeah I posted the wrong pic's. We have a 4000g koi pond with mostly imported koi so it's not like I don't know what they look like... lol!

Yeah I posted the wrong pic's. We have a 4000g koi pond with mostly imported koi so it's not like I don't know what they look like... lol!

I've been looking into setting up my own pond once I move but my dog took to swimming in my parents one so I don't think it'll be a good idea lol.

Are your Koi Japanese strain imports?

So. Many. Posts. I just seen all of this, thanks everyone! I figured it to be one or the other. Yeah 12 years and going strong!

Back
Top Bottom