What States Are Red Bellied Piranha Legal in.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Piranha are super messy. You can't scape the tank. They are VERY nervous esp. in smaller groups. They can break tanks if they are badly startled. Beyond eating fish (which other Species do as well ( and the Teeth , they are just a big Tetra ( or Tetra cousin ).

Most people get bored with their Piranhas pretty fast. It's only a novelty for so long.

There is a $5,000 fine I believe for releasing non-natives. At least in my area. Don't ever do it, not even one. They kill native species and screw up entire areas.

The Aquariums and Zoos won't take them.
A few people do take lifelong care of these.
Monster Fish Keepers might be a good site to read.

Yeah I know I've owned a pacu before and is that only if you let them go is there a fine for owning them

I think your thinking about pacu. Like piranhas you can just kill them you know I would never do it but worst comes to worst I would get around 2-3

If your state is one that issues them, you probably need to be at an academic institution and conducting research.

They are legal in ohio without a permit. My LFS has small, medium, and large ones. I believe them to be red bellied, but not sure if they are or are another type.

Back
Top Bottom