what tank size/shape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Getting a tank to replace my 20 long. Will be under 30 gallons and taller than the long for sure. I have considered 26-28 bowfront, 15 comlumn, octogon, or a rimless 20 tall. What options will I have with these that will be different. I will be dirting the tank and fully planting it.
Thanks and God bless!

The juwel rekord 700. Nice tank, well made, great height. 18gallons But the light is a single t8 and is only suitable for low light plants:(

Why not look into custom makers and get the exact dimension you want.

The juwel rekord 700. Nice tank, well made, great height. 18gallons But the light is a single t8 and is only suitable for low light plants:(

Why not look into custom makers and get the exact dimension you want.

Because that is expensive! Lol I would really love too but cannot afford it. My dream is to have atm make me an enormous wall size tank in my living room one day.
Anyway I need a more budget friendly option :)

Why not a standard 29 gallon? Pretty sure its the same foot print as the 20L but a lot taller

Why not a standard 29 gallon? Pretty sure its the same foot print as the 20L but a lot taller

Not a bad idea either. I am keeping a look out on craigslist for tanks now. I will keep this one in mind. It would open up more options huh?
The main reason I was looking at a 20 tall is my local petsmart has a rimless one with stand top and light (kinda junk) for 90 somethin bucks!

I got my 36 gallon bow front kit( hood,light,filter,heater) for $89 at petsmart during a sale. Hopefully you can run across something of that nature with a little patience........

I got my 36 gallon bow front kit( hood,light,filter,heater) for $89 at petsmart during a sale. Hopefully you can run across something of that nature with a little patience........

Hopefully!

Its always a good idea to go longer rather then higher, more room for the fish to swim in and more water surface area for exchange of gases.

Its always a good idea to go longer rather then higher, more room for the fish to swim in and more water surface area for exchange of gases.

Thanks! That is why I was not to sokd in the 15 column.

Back
Top Bottom