what temp is your tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

is your tank cold water or warm water

• cold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • warm

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I keep my tank at about 76 degrees for my FW fish, and about 78 for my SW fish.

Hence, I'm heated. And in my opinion, every tank should be heated. Whether or not the heater comes on alot is beside the point. It keeps things balanced and keeps temps from flucuating which can cause stress and problems.

My 90 has a wide mix of fish, so i keep it in the mid to high 70's. Everyone is happy, and a few seem even happier now that i added aquarium salt (the gobies)

my 10 gallon had a petco derived ick infection, i noticed it on the rummy noses i bought from there, so its currently at 86 degrees, salted, and medicated

I keep tetras and my tank has no heater. It always stays in the green area of my thermo. Not sure what that is, 70's i think. Right now its 67. It is always between 66 and 74.

Is that too much flucuation guys? I had a heater in my first tank, turned it on and it did not turn on at this temp, then I went to bed, woke up and my tank was in the 80's. I could not get it to keep a constant temp. The tank now is only 10 gal and on an inside wall and stays pretty steady i think.

:fadein:

If I were you I would get a 50 watt heater. 66 is too cold for tetras, I keep tetras in 2 of my tanks and the temps are 78-80. If you decide to add the heater make sure you bring the temp up slowly.

LOL just noticed your sig line. If you want something bigger, Petsmart sells their 29 gallon tank with hood and (crappy) light for about $70. That's where I got my 29 gallon. My Petsmart will price match so if you check out Big Al's online and take their ads into Petsmart you can save a TON of $ on filter, heater, etc.

Your poll would be much more informative if you used a couple of temp ranges as options instead of cool or warm. :wink

All of my fish are tropical, so I try to keep my tanks between 76 - 78o F. The important thing, I think, is stability.

Back
Top Bottom