What the hell is this in my tank????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stephen Rollins

Aquarium Advice Freak
There are speckles on the inside glass. It seems to be moving with the flow of the water. Only on the front glass. I did clean the algae on the front glass last week with one of those algae sponges like pads. And now this appeared.
Any ideas

Attachments

• image-2908659983.jpg
    image-2908659983.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 197
Can't really make it out from the photo, but it's probably algae of some sort. I have to clean my glass weekly for algae as my tank is in my living room which gets a lot of sunlight.

Like stated before, probably just some kind of algae and it probably only grows on the front pane of glass because that is where it gets the sunlight from. Is that a CAE? If it is, i am alittle surprised he does not eat it all, because my 2 eat every spec off of everything!

Just to put another scenario out there it could be micro bubbles, people get them in SW a lot from their skimmers.

FishFanatic88 said:
Like stated before, probably just some kind of algae and it probably only grows on the front pane of glass because that is where it gets the sunlight from. Is that a CAE? If it is, i am alittle surprised he does not eat it all, because my 2 eat every spec off of everything!

What is CAE

Are they white with a little head, or tentacles? Hydra - look it up to see. They start out small and tubular and grow little tentacles on the end that isn't stuck to something. They will sting fish and can kill small fry, snails and shrimp, etc.

Autumnsky said:
Are they white with a little head, or tentacles? Hydra - look it up to see. They start out small and tubular and grow little tentacles on the end that isn't stuck to something. They will sting fish and can kill small fry, snails and shrimp, etc.

I don't think it's hydra. They are small little circles. Just floating on the surface of the front glass. I still haven't cleaned it off yet. Been so **** busy with work and too tired to really do anything. It's only up to the water line from the last waterchange

If the tank is new, then it is harmless. I had little white things on my glass when I started. I thought they were just diatoms. They went away after a week....

TankMan said:
If the tank is new, then it is harmless. I had little white things on my glass when I started. I thought they were just diatoms. They went away after a week....

Ya my setup is only 2 months old. I just cleaned the glass while I was acclimating my Roseline sharks. We shall see if it comes back

Back
Top Bottom