what to do?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mumrah

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, i couldnt resist and i bought some glofish. I thought (for some reason) that 3 of them could survive in a 2g tank (i thought they were much smaller than they are).

I have a 10g tank with 5 neons, 1 male guppy, and a pleco. I was thinking about moving the 3 danios into my 10g and moving my guppy into the 2g.

But then again the glofish dont glow, and i'm thinking about taking them back. at $5 a piece i expect some really freaking glowy danios.

So keep the danios and switch them with the guppy, or leave it as is and ditch the glofish.

-David :?

Glofish don't really glow, they are just a flourescent red color. If you put them under a flourescent light, especially one with more of a blueish output high in UV, you will get more of a glowing effect.

You are not going to have much luck in trying to find fish to put into the 2 gal. Maybe two guppies, preferably the same sex. A word of caution, your pleco is going to become too big to keep in your 10 gal. I had one for 3 months and I bought him as a baby, I had to take him back to the lfs and get another baby.

I'm not farmiliar with glofish so I can't help you there, but have you thought of maybe the 2 guppies and a snail in the 2 gal? Last week I bought my first snails and I am absolutely in love with them.

Good Luck!

so same sex guppies do well? I was under the impression a male was happy with 3 females - or maybe that was to ensure breeding...

Same sex so they don't reproduce. There's no room in a 2gal for babies. The reason for the 1-3 ratio is so the male has more than one female to chase and everyone gets a break. I think switching them around might work but if your not totally happy with the glo fish, return them.
Also, with the danios, neons and pleco, your ten will be maxed out at the very least. Depending on the size of your pleco, maybe even overstocked or soon will be. The danios can get 2-3 inches themselves. Good luck.

I agree with Fluff. If you have one of each sex you will have MANY babies. Guppies and molly's procreate like crazy.

Back
Top Bottom