What to do...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WaterPond

Aquarium Advice Addict
I won a breeding pair of killifish last week, but the male sadly died after i bough them a 5.5 gallon tank all to themselves. I was going to try to breed them. But since the male died, i decided to just put the female in another tank.

So now i have a 5.5 gallon tank that is empty. Its nothing special, bot planted and was set up so it was easy to maintain.

It has silica sand substrate with a few rocks scattered about. No plants, not even fake (yuck, fake plants :p )

It has a pretty good cutrrent to it, the current of the water runs the length of the tank.

I am a huge fan of cories, my LFS has some longfin Aeneus cories that i think are nice. But they like a school of 6 or more.. and i dont think anyone would recommend putting 6 of these cories in a 5.5gal.

I am at a loss for what to do with the tank. I like cories... but the only kind that can fit in there are pygmies, and i already have 5 of them.

Another thing i was thinking is just getting some nice platies and breeding them... yet i suck at breeding livebearers.

Then i thought zebra danios to breed,... but that means i need to have another tank to take them out to once they lay eggs. :?

Any suggestions would be mega helpful :D

You suck at breeding livebearers? That's ridiculous! Are you using Barry White for background music? Getting the fish to drink a bit helps. :)

I would try some Dwarf Platies.

yeah... i suck at breeding livebearers... never can get them to breed. I am a failure.

Those would be nice... but they are hard to find around here.

I was just thiunking regular platies.

Regularly Platies are nice. I love how they're really round when they're smaller, which is also why I like Dwarf Platies. There are a lot of cool varieties of Platy colors too. Do it! Do it!

A tank that small, would soon be over run. Perhaps Endlers would be an option. Or you could move your 5 dwarf cories and see if you can get them to breed. Shame you lost the male killie. However, you still would have needed another tank for the babies.

uh... the cories are already in a tank where they are being bred. I have 10 other tanks where i could put the babies...

I think things would be ok. I wouldent dare move my cories to this tank... they are in such a wonderfult ank as is.

Endlers are not an option... and i dont want this tank to be pretty... I pretty much want it do i can score some brreder point in my aquarium society.

:)

Ah, BAP points. That is a different case. Breed the lalties and get rid of the extras in the auction. Might want to consider variatus as well as maculatus. I find the variatus to be hardier.

Back
Top Bottom