What To Do, Cory Eggs On Snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lt.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Should I just stock the snails in a breeder tank? Or what? Also, general Cory breeding info/raising is appreciated.

ForumRunner_20131208_190347.jpg

ForumRunner_20131208_190403.jpg

Thanks, I picked about a dozen of green, purple, and blue Mystery Snails out of several clutches of mystery snails, from the same 2 parents. The parents were Brown and white in color. I nape to continue the line eventually, and get deeper, better colors. They also have the genes to get quite big, as one of the patents was a the size of a US half-dollar coin.

My question is, should I worry about the eggs being on the snails (there's now eggs on a second Snail involved), or should I just place them in the breeder tank with the rest of the eggs (there were a lot of eggs on the sides of the tank too). Amd second, how do I take care of baby cories? I'd like to raise and keep at least a half dozen, preferably more; because there's at least 50 eggs in the tank, on plants, walks, and snails.

You could take them off the snail with a sharp knife or razor blade. Just be really careful. They then need to be placed in a tank with plenty of water flow around them to cut down the chance of them going mouldy/getting a fungus. Usually you can put an air stone below to get the flow high.

Back
Top Bottom