Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-15-2009, 11:18 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

R.I.P. Kermit

My African clawed frog kicked the bucket this morning. I woke up and found my gold gourami morning over his friend. So R.I.P. Kemit, rest in peice.

So please tell me, what now?

Old 08-15-2009, 11:22 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

What to do now?

Now i have a emty 10g after my poor little froggy kermit died. So now i need to know what to do with it. Any suggestions on what to put into it? or should i just leave this one empty? I had a gold gourami in it but i moved him back to the 20g tall. The reason i pulled him out was because he was really aggressive towards the weaker golden gourami. So i don't know what i am gonna do if he does it again to him. But i hope the weaker one is stronger now. So what shuld i do with the tank? Give me ideas.. Should i get another frog?

Old 08-15-2009, 11:33 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Flake
Poor Kermit! Hopefully your gourami will find a new buddy soon.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:47 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Threads merged.

An t-iasg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:23 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok, update again. As i was acclimating my golden gourami to my new tank i went in there and i found him dead. So now all the things from inside that tank dies. I have no lcue why. I was up on my water changes and everything. O well, does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 08-15-2009, 12:49 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Flake
What are the parameters on the water in the tank?
Old 08-15-2009, 01:19 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

In the tank that the frog is in.
Ph-0
nitrates-0
nitrites-0

It is now not set up. Took it down now they are both dead and were the only ones in the tank. All my other tanks are perfect. I am just gonna start from scratch with a 10 gallon. I actually found 2 new craiglist deals that are awsome.

saltwater aquarium
30 GALLON FISH TANK

So i actually am looking at these at the moment. If either of these go through for me i will be holding off on the 10 gallon idea. But i still want ideas. If these craiglist ideas go through then i might just set it up as a QT tank.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:23 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

PH was zero? That can't be right. Did you mean ammonia was zero?
Old 08-15-2009, 01:46 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Regular

Iff'n yer PH was zero I think I found the problem...other than that, what are you filling the tank with? sometimes your tap water will have high chlorine or heavy metals that will kill the fish...did either of the critters show any signs of disease or sickness? or odd swimming behaviors?
Old 08-15-2009, 02:01 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

This is not my first time around guys. I know. I have been keeping FW fish for atleast 5 years. I believe the frog i got started with a deformaty and thats what killed it. And i think stress killed the gourami. My parents made me move the tank the night before, then i did a water change, then his friend kermit died, then i had to pull him out of the tank because my parents wanted me to break the little 5 gallon down (would have done anyways), and then i started acclemating him to a new tank. So yes, i am pretty sure that i knew what killed them. Besides i was behind on 1 water change do to me having a family emergency, so that didn't help.

If you guys read closely i made a joke, Flake asked my water parameters and i said 0 on everything because i broke the tank down by that time so there was no way to know. As for using tap water, I never do, i try to avoid this always and i haven't used tap in years. I use a water machines water from a small market like 5 min away. And if i do i let it sit 24 hours and use dechlorinizer.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com