What to do with a 2.5g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes i feed mine shrimp pellets catfish pellets crab cuisine plus flake foods veggies fruits

yes but you wouldnt want to put a bunch of nerites in a 2.5 gallon. one max since if you dont have algae you must feed them zucchini.

O sorry lol so 1 nerite and a few sulawesi or w/e it's called and are a few pond snails in there ok because there are some tht hav been in there since the beginning? And then sone shrimp. Plus plants. Also do you have any of those Sulawesi/rabbit snails/Tylomelania sp. snails for sale mg?

no not at this time. maybe in a month or two we will see.

Great because thts when I'll get some money. When you get some send me a pm including the price. I might order some plants too. Thank you soo much. I'll have to start looking for a hood because the only incoming light in the tank is sunlight lol.

Man, I couldn't find the light. At least in the sun, theyll have plenty of algae and if it gets too bright I'll put my blinds down. Sadly, they don't have a replacement hood anywhere online. I shouldn't have thrown it away. I freaked out because I broke the screw in fluorescent bulb and I was afraid I got mercury everywhere (I was younger and I thot mercury was a gas) and I threw it away :(

Do I need different lighting?

This may sound like a stupid question, but as you know my 2.5g is in front of a window because I stupidly threw away the hood when I was little :silly:. Should I get lighting for it? Obviously algae hasn't and shouldn't be much of a problem because of the inhabitants And their diet plus it would be a planted tank. If I decide to get lighting what fixture should I get? As you may or may not know, finding a fixture let alone a glass canopy for a 2.5g bowfront is pretty difficult.

This may sound like a stupid question, but as you know my 2.5g is in front of a window because I stupidly threw away the hood when I was little :silly:. Should I get lighting for it? Obviously algae hasn't and shouldn't be much of a problem because of the inhabitants And their diet plus it would be a planted tank. If I decide to get lighting what fixture should I get? As you may or may not know, finding a fixture let alone a glass canopy for a 2.5g bowfront is pretty difficult.
you can just use a desk lamp. they also sell clip on lighting. check a local hardware store or online.

Ok, so I stirred up the water and moved my filter and here is my result:
3870822010_fe238c2ca9.jpg

After some clearing up:
3870821958_007268a070.jpg

Sorry for the bad image quality. I'll take some better ones once it really clears up. Also, I was thinking about changing out the grave (somehow) and adding pfs. I would only do it one part at a time so that not to detrimentally mess up the biological filtration. It would take a while, but eventually I'd be able to get it out. Btw my filter is on the side, it seems like it takes up less room.

Back
Top Bottom