what to do with fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhloeM

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey everyone! so i have a bit of an issue. i recently acquired a beautiful delta tail betta, but he was not planned at all. i had to take him because he would have been flushed by someone who did not want him. FLUSHED!!!!!! ridiculous people! he's gorgeous too! anyways, i was like "i'll take him!" and i have him in a heated 1 gallon bowl right now. my other two bettas are in 5 gallon tanks, and i really really do not want to keep my new betta (pax) in the bowl for much longer. water changes so frequently can also be a pain, so what i want to do is divide my 10 gallon and put him in one side, and eventually get another betta for the other side (not for a while though, i'm just thinking of what i'd want to do in the future).
the problem i have is that there are 3 mollies, 3 diamond tetras, and a cory (i know, i was misinformed by the pet store, which is why i only have one at the moment) in my 10 gallon right now. the fish cannot go in my size of tank, but i dont know what to do with them because the stupid pet store i got them from wont accept them back! :( i don't know what to do with them, i don't want to get rid of them but i honestly am not too attached to them and i have to give them away because they deserve better. however, my mother says i'm not allowed to give them back to my lfs. i feel bad giving them away in the first place, but i was thinking of advertising them on aquabid or something? i just want to be sure they go to a good home :( any advice is greatly greatly appreciated!!! thanks!

Is that face "thing" flapping normal in a betta?

Kione

The big problem is that shipping a fish is usually a $30 or so process.

Just explain to your mother in a calm clear manner that the mollies need a tank 3x larger than what you have.

The diamond tetras and cory cats are fine in there and assuming the tetras arent nippy the betta can go in there with them

okay, just to be clear so that everyone knows, i am NOT getting rid of my betta:) i only wish to give the mollies, tetras, and cory catfish to a good home so that i can put my betta in the tank that they are in currently. the tank is too small for them anyways, so i really want them to go to a good home with lots of space. just so that you all know, please do not offer to take my betta fish, he is definitely staying. thank you all!! :)

The big problem is that shipping a fish is usually a $30 or so process.

Just explain to your mother in a calm clear manner that the mollies need a tank 3x larger than what you have.

The diamond tetras and cory cats are fine in there and assuming the tetras arent nippy the betta can go in there with them

actually, pax was flaring at the diamond tetras in that picture above, because they keep bothering him :( i don't think he would be alright in there with those fish, but if i decide not to divide the ten gallon and just put him in there, maybe i can keep my catfish. i just would have to get more of them, and i'm not sure if my tank is big enough for that?

actually, pax was flaring at the diamond tetras in that picture above, because they keep bothering him :( i don't think he would be alright in there with those fish, but if i decide not to divide the ten gallon and just put him in there, maybe i can keep my catfish. i just would have to get more of them, and i'm not sure if my tank is big enough for that?
I kept my betta with 6 cory cats and 6 cardinal tetras. It was a little iverstocked, but with regular water changes it works out just fine.

Back
Top Bottom