What to do with this tiny 3-gallon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReyK

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have this little 3-gallon cube kit that I got for a betta, but after a few weeks, I decided to move him to my larger 15-gallon column community tank with my 4 guppies and 2 mollies, and he's much more active and gets along with them great. But now I have an empty tank that I spent over $60 on, including the heater, substrate, and plants, and I know that may not seem like much to some, it's a lot for a broke high school student who saved up allowances to get it so I want to actually use it for something. I've thought about putting an African Dwarf Frog or two in it, but if I got a couple frogs, I'd rather put them in my larger, more established community tank. For something that small I feel like my only options are snails or shrimp, but the only shrimp I really have kept are ghost/glass shrimp and I don't know much about fancier, colorful shrimp. If you had this tank, what would you put in it? The plants in it are anacharis, java moss, and a tiny patch of glossostigma if that affects the choices any.

I don't know much about them, except they're live-bearers, and possibly related to guppies, but have you considered Endlers? They're tiny, but cool looking, and I would suppose you could get by with 4-5 in a 3g tank due to their small size, although others may say I'm wrong. Which I probably am, as I've not done much with live-bearers.

3g little small for endlers.

Rcs and snails would be my vote

Back
Top Bottom