What to feed black ghost knife fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought a black ghost knife fish which is like 3.5 inches. I am having a hard time feeding him. He is always hiding in plants or under rocks which I know is their normal living behavior.

Mine not comings to surface for freez dried blood worms etc. Also if I get like sinking food for him but the other fish will eat that. I can use a feeding tube to throw food down but he is too shy to look for food.

What shall I do? How do u guys feed ur knife fish? I heard he can even eat flakes or pellets so I want to know will he ever come to surface for food?

They're nocturnal for one, so I would try feeding a little while after lights out. Use tongs if possible, and frozen foods like bloodworms, or earthworms.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mine loves shrimp pellets. I will drop a few in front of his tube and after a few minutes he will come out and eat

Do you have a tube for him? They like to stay in a closed in space. Also if you just got him they take a few days to warm up to the tank before eating. Here is a picture of my knife. IMG_1985.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1985.jpg
    IMG_1985.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 130
Thanks guys for the replies. He is still shy and hidden all the time but finally started to eat. The shutting off lights of tank didn't work. He seems to be more concerned of my room lights. I switched off my room light and remain the dim light of the tank on and he came out and ate blood worms like crazy. I love fish with large appetites and he seems to have that. So my problem solved. Thanks a lot for the replies.

Ps: Fishguy ur ghost knife is very beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom