What to feed guppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leigh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
After 6 long weeks, my tank (10 gallon) has finally cycled. I added 6 guppies and am feeding them the same flakes that I feed the Betta. Is this OK and should I feed the guppies anything else (or in addtion to)?

Secondly, the guppies seems to be hungry all the time. They finish a pinch of flakes in about 20 secs so I give them another pinch and they're gone in the same amount of time. Is this normal behaviour?

I have an AquaClear Mini filter. It came as part of the 10 gallon kit I bought. Is it OK to use? It seems to be keeping the water clear.

Keep up with regular gravel vacs to get rid of the food that does hit the substrate :wink: The miniclear should keep up with the fish waste and any food waste, as long as you do the vacuuming.

"stuff" as in extra food or fish waste? No animal is going to clean up the mess of the fish, but snails will eat the excess food.

I keep corydora in my guppy tanks to keep food waste off the bottom. If you plan on letting them breed you will need to add a few plants. With the proper hiding places fry will be fine from both guppys and corys.

Back
Top Bottom