what to get

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovefishies

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok i have 2 guppies and 5 neons what fish would be good with these i dont want any bottom dwellers :?:

CAE will get to big for that tank and they get very aggressive as the age. I would return them for ottos or cories.

what about some zebra danios, they're small, very lively and fun to watch and thye are usually never in just one area of the tank

Danios are schoolers and so are your neons. A 10g really only has enough room for one school. I suggest upping your neon school to 8. Then return the CAE and get a couple ottos. Then your tank will be stocked. A 10g is small, so you can't pack a whole bunch of fish in there.

Danios are too active for a 10g anyways.

JustOneMore20 said:
Danios are schoolers and so are your neons. A 10g really only has enough room for one school. I suggest upping your neon school to 8. Then return the CAE and get a couple ottos. Then your tank will be stocked. A 10g is small, so you can't pack a whole bunch of fish in there.

Danios are too active for a 10g anyways.

I was thinking the same :wink:

woohoo petco is going to take my chinese algae eaters back YES the one was going after my 1 guppie

Thats good. They aren't bad fish, if you keep them in a big enough tank with some semi-aggressive tankmates. I just don't like them because of my experience with them. I always end up telling people to take them back, but usually its because their tank is too small. They are so available in my area and sold really small, so you really can't tell how big they get.

I'm glad they will take it back. I'd get more neons in return.

is it ok that i have

2 female guppies
5 neons

what about algae eaters? what kind should i get that is not aggressive to my fish
i want to get a bigger tank to a 20 gallon if my husband will let me

Your stocking looks fine to me. I'd get a couple more neons though. I find they do better in bigger groups.

Ottos are peaceful and stay small.

A 20g would be great. I think you could fit another school in a 20g...along with your neons. I'd still up them to 6 or 8 though.

i was thinking of getting a clown loach i have a fresh water tank? and would they be ok with neons and guppies

Clown loaches get very big and need to be in groups of at least 3. There are some other loaches that stay smaller (yo-yos are one type).

Have you looked at any of the cory cats ? they are ADORABLE and very entertaining. They also need to be in groups of 3 (or more, the more the better) but since they stay small (2" or so) you have the room for them.

Back
Top Bottom