What to put in 30g aquarium HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neontetra0131

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have an empty 30g aquarium that has been filtering for a month in a half I'm ready to buy fish but I don't know what to put in it!!!! HELP!!!!! Any advice I like freshwater fish maybe cichlids or angel fish I don't give me some ideasImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400817024.850430.jpg

you could put a single green terror in there and a bristle nose pleco , could be fun, but here is another stock which could be fun :

1x blue gourami
10x Cardinal Tetra
6x corydoras(any kind)
and maybe a bolivian ram with them ?

2 angels, 7 panda corys, 8 harlequin radboras or 8- 2" schooling fish

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A green terror would be too big for that tank. Pelvicachromis or apistogramma a would be a better option.

I just got my piece of DW from dr.fosterandamith yesterday it was really. Nice and only $10

you could put a single green terror in there and a bristle nose pleco , could be fun, but here is another stock which could be fun :

1x blue gourami
10x Cardinal Tetra
6x corydoras(any kind)
and maybe a bolivian ram with them ?

Sorry but a single green terror is not right for that tank !!

Did you see my post earlier??

2 German blue rams and two angel fish and about 6 Corey cats? Or maybe 8 cardinal tetras,2 German blue rams and 6 Cory cats

That would work. You could also plug it in to aqadvisor. You could probably go to 150% stocking.

http://www.aqadvisor.com it's a website that tells you your stocking level, filtration level. It will tell you If your fish are compatible. Also will tell you what temperature to keep the tank at. You should check it out.

I'm in the same situation. I have I angel fish and 5 neon tetras. I think I'm going to go with 2 more angels 5 more tetras a bushy nose pleco an a pair of rams

Sent from my SM-N900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Brookster I think I'm going to go with your idea but no gourami. Hopefully all the fish will like the sand. I did sand because I was going to go with cichlids but heard these fish are hard to keep happy. I'm a novice so I don't know if I could handle that maybe later on.

2 angels, 7 panda corys, 8 harlequin radboras or 8- 2" schooling fish

No gauramis... maybe 10 rummy nose tetras??

You mentioned your tank has been "filtering" for a month and a half, but is it cycled? If it's empty there is a good chance it isn't. I wouldn't even consider GBR's at this point regardless. Once you're good to go, you can't beat a large school of cardinal tetra's with a couple of other larger fish. I have angels with mine. However cardinal's are known to be sensitive so they'd need nice parameters. Good luck!

You mentioned your tank has been "filtering" for a month and a half, but is it cycled? If it's empty there is a good chance it isn't. I wouldn't even consider GBR's at this point regardless. Once you're good to go, you can't beat a large school of cardinal tetra's with a couple of other larger fish. I have angels with mine. However cardinal's are known to be sensitive so they'd need nice parameters. Good luck!

+1 Gbrs need established tanks

Back
Top Bottom