What to put in 55 Gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beware convicts if you get m/f. Mine bred like rabbits. Pretty soon I had filled all the local lfs with my convict babies and no one would take anymore.
They are a really nice fish though I particularly like the females when they get their red belly when mature

Could I get 2 female convicts ?

I think I'll go with 1 green terror, 1 convict, 1 Severum, 1 parrot, 1 firemouth. I would like to get a bottom feeding crew or one bottom feeder. Any suggestions

I would only do one of the larger ones
All those may work for a short time in a 55 but you have 3 there that will hit 8" or more and not enough room for territories. The Green terror will claim most if not all the tank as he grows.

How about this then, 2 Severum, 2 convict, 1 parrot, 1 firemouth, +any suggestions for a bottom feeder?

I was thinking a Raphael catfish for the bottom feeder. How would that be in a 55 gallon with 2 Severum 2 convict 1 parrot and 1 firemouth ?

I was thinking a Raphael catfish for the bottom feeder. How would that be in a 55 gallon with 2 Severum 2 convict 1 parrot and 1 firemouth ?

That'd work for a bottom feeder, but like stated above, u may end up with only 1 fish in the long run... Although your chances are slightly improved since u are staying away from the larger, more aggressive cichlids. U can always try it, see what happens. Just keep an eye on aggression and be ready to rehome some fish down the road if necessary.

Edit: actually, if you're going to try this, I'd maybe limit your selection to 1 of each kind of fish.

55 Gallon...Again DON'T IGNORE PLEASE

Hey guys I'm sorry I really can't decide on what I want to get here. I am addicted to the Oscar Cichlid but I wanna give him a tankmate or two. I can only get a 55 gallon, that's the biggest I will go. Any suggestions on what tankmates he could have? Or if he can have any altogether?

I wouldnt recommend an oscar in a 55 to begin with, but if you have to, he shouldnt get any tank mates

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You don't need multiple threads on the exact same subject. You need to be patient, not create more threads.

Karate pig obviously you haven't been reading this one properly.

Karate pig obviously you haven't been reading this one properly.

I think he HAS been reading it properly. You have another thread with an excessively caps title about not ignoring you (which in my experience on this forum, no one ignores anything, so that's just flat out unnecessary) and it's all about stocking a 55g. Is this a DIFFERENT 55 gallon we're discussing now? Because if not, the other thread was going just fine and could have had this post added to its discussion.
Politeness and good manners go a long way if you want assistance. This is a forum of friendly, civilized people - not Reddit.

Oscars need 75g minimum to them selves, plecos also don't belong in a 55g.

I understand you like oscars, hey I like them too, I wanted one for. 55 gallon, but it's too small, if you like that why don't you add some different types of SA cichlids

This is a different 55 gallon sorry I forgot to mention that

Back
Top Bottom