What to put whith my crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Forester

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone I have a 20g long with a 6 to 7inch electric blue crayfish and I'd like to put something in with him but don't know what he won't eat. Thanks for all the advice.

well,i wouldnt suggest anything.my crayfish has started eating fish-.-and shes smaller than yours.

I can't think of anything because the crayfish will most likely eat its residents. Some fish however will be fast enough to escape it, but it will keep on trying. Also, depending on what fish you get, they will eat all the food before the crayfish is able to get some.

I kept an electric blue crayfish for about 4 years. That thing was awesome. I ended up throwing a bunch of fancy guppies in the tank with him. They would be able to populate the tank faster then he would kill them off. It was a pretty good system. I'd also feed him shrimp pellets. :( he died a year or so ago. He definitely had personality :) i've been wanting to get another one, but i've since moved on in the tank and don't want the fish in there now to get eaten.

I suppose I could, but don't want the 2 fancy gold fish I have in there, or the kori or the pleco to get eaten. The 2 gold fish are about 3" long and they are kind of dumb and slow. I'm positive they'd be food for an electric blue!

dont give him away!!crays are awesome,if you really want fish,get another tank.

Maybe I won't give him away but it's hard when I do water changes cause I have to change the water for just one fish. But you guys and girls think that there aren't any fish at all that could go with him cause there's almost no fish in the tank. Thanks for the suggestions.

you could always put a school of feeder fish like riosy red miinows,that vway if they get eaten at least you wont have spent a lot of money.

Back
Top Bottom