What to put with Discus in 70 Gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i have ALWAYS seen rummynose tetras do well with discus.

German blue rams and severums are also good choices.

yeah most of the youtube videos i've seen have discus with rummynose or cardinal tetras. i nearly got rummynose coz of their cool schooling behaviour. got the black neons in the end, prefer the way they look.

they had some nice blue rams in the lfs today. very tempting but not yet. i want to get the 5 discus comfortable and eating properly before adding any more fish.

there is a discus keepers group on this forum. we could start using that for uploading our discus photos and tips.

You see rummy nose alot with discus because they enjoy the same water param's and they are true canary in the coal mine's in the sense that they are true indicator fish of the water quality. If something's up with your water they will be the first to show it by their nose fading from red to a lighter shade or to clear if it's really bad so that way you know to correct the problem before discus start dropping. Plus they look awesome in large schools and are beautiful fish if you ask me:)

Back
Top Bottom