What to test on Fresh water planted or not

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zambono

Aquarium Advice Freak
Soon I will release an update to aquaPlanner which will limit the amount of tests for those aquariums designated as Fresh. Some have asked in the past how they could remove all the tests they don't use specially for the fresh water enthusiasts.
What are the tests that should be included, if planted aquariums need an extra test please let me know as well so that it is also shown. thank you.

I've run planted tanks since the 70's and the tests I feel should be run on planted tanks are: Nitrates, Phosphates, Ph, Kh, and Gh. And of course one should always have an Ammonia and Nitrite on hand. I use these tests weekly for each planted tank I run (minus the Ammonia and Nitrite).

I've run planted tanks since the 70's and the tests I feel should be run on planted tanks are: Nitrates, Phosphates, Ph, Kh, and Gh. And of course one should always have an Ammonia and Nitrite on hand. I use these tests weekly for each planted tank I run (minus the Ammonia and Nitrite).

Thank you right now I have Temperature, ammonia both nh3 and nh4, nitrate, nitrite, ph, alkalinity, hardness, oxygen, and tds. Am I missing anything?

Thank you right now I have Temperature, ammonia both nh3 and nh4, nitrate, nitrite, ph, alkalinity, hardness, oxygen, and tds. Am I missing anything?

Phosphates is important in planted tanks. Some like to test iron levels but test kits aren't very good. Still you may want to include it.

How about making it a bare minimum of aquarium tests such as ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH and then add the ability to add other measurements in at a person's discretion?

As nice as that sounds I don't want there to be a chance that some users might loose their older data.

Back
Top Bottom