What type of betta fish is this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a stressed female. Females have lines going down their body when stressed. Once she settles in she should colour up nicely

Like this one

Attachments

• IMG_5846.jpg
    IMG_5846.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 82
Lol! Male Betta's do all the work here. females just lay the eggs. Males make the bubble nest females lay the eggs on the males tail, male puts them in bubble nest till they hatch. Note: female has to be pulled after laying the eggs. Male has to be pulled when they hatch. It's very different than other fish.

Lol! Male Betta's do all the work here. females just lay the eggs. Males make the bubble nest females lay the eggs on the males tail, male puts them in bubble nest till they hatch. Note: female has to be pulled after laying the eggs. Male has to be pulled when they hatch. It's very different than other fish.
Angel I didn't know she didn't have a male lol, I actually thought females wouldn't lay eggs if they didn't have a male present

I think I read somewhere that sometimes they do.but, I don't know if she's got a male or not either. Lol. I was just being funny. [emoji39]

She could be a crowntail if she's young yet. The fins will look short long pattern all around. Sorry took a better look at her today for some reason. But diffently carrying eggs.

For clarification, the male wraps his body around the female who is upside down. She releases the eggs and they fall downward. Some may hit the tail, but she does not lay her eggs on the tail of the male. You need to remove the female after spawning, and typically also the male although I had a male who was a good parent and raised the babies for weeks, several times.

Back
Top Bottom