what type of community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
hey i was just wondering what type of community tanks you guys and gals have, peaceful, semi aggressive, or aggressive or odd ball? or which do you prefer? I like a nice peaceful tank full of beautifully colored fish or a nice kept semi aggressive tank, i like aggressive fish but most are to big for me to take care of, and odd ball fish are cool if ya can afford them lol

I have both a peaceful and an aggressive tank. My new planted is going to bepeaceful to semi-aggressive, I believe, with Rams, Angels, rummy nose tetras, roseline sharks, pleco, and cories.

awesome, my dreaded case of multiple tank syndrome is srating to kick in the last couple days, i've been thinking baout hwere i can put tanks in my room, what kind of tank to setup, how big, etc. I've really been thinking about starting a small, like 29 gallon, chiclid tank with two two fish in it at first, i really liek the blue zebra chiclids and theres one thats yellow with samll amounts of black on the dorsal fin, i think they are beautiful. before i used to not like them, i thought they were kinda ugly, but i really liek them now, i'm still reading up on them to see what kind of special needs they may have and what they like to eat and all that good stuff, for 19 bucks a piece i wanna do things right lol

$19!!!is that every cichlid? thats brutal. i am only paying 8 bucks for the yellow labs(the ones u said were yellow with black on there dorsal fins) and a zebra cobalt(i think thats the onw u are talking about) are like 8.50. it might actually be cheaper for u to buy them online. a 29 is really to small for africans but u could look into south american cichlids like the rams and bolivians. most africans need a very rocks habitat wth lots of hiding places to et up territory. they are also quite agressive if u get the wrong ones the labs and cobalts are not to bad though. u should really look into a 55 gallon for the africans :) bigger is always better

It's not uncommon to pay that kind of a price for Africans. It is generally around $16 for good quality Africans in our area. And that's just the common ones. Acei's run ya about $25. As Mr. Funk pointed out, a 29 gal tank is too small for Africans. 55 gal is the smallest that should be used.

I have had a nice community tank before. I had a gourami, mollies, platies, and guppies. I liked it a lot.

Back
Top Bottom