What type of Cory Cat is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover13

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got three of these and not for sure on the type!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130721_220624.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130721_220624.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 67
Poor corys. I didn't notice the fins at first. I'm glad they have a better home now.

Yes they have a 30 gallon long! And I ordered some plants to cover the ground! They live with Neons, White Clouds, Zebra Danios, and a Betta!

Nice..did you buy some friends for it too? And I love cories, some of the best cleaners out there..and fun to watch. Is that your substrate? I would maybe recommend sand..but it looks like those rocks are pretty smooth..should be fine.

Nice..did you buy some friends for it too? And I love cories, some of the best cleaners out there..and fun to watch. Is that your substrate? I would maybe recommend sand..but it looks like those rocks are pretty smooth..should be fine.

There is 3 total. The pet store only had 3 so I got them all! I want at least 5 or 6 total. I ordered some plants for the plants to cover the bottom.

I lost two Cory s from secondary infections due to barbel erosion on gravel. I wouldn t chance it, I d switch to large or medium grain sand ASAP.

There is 3 total. The pet store only had 3 so I got them all! I want at least 5 or 6 total. I ordered some plants for the plants to cover the bottom.

Bronze corys are some of the easiest to find in the stores, so you should be able to get more.

Whatever the substrate, sand or gravel, as long as it is not sharp, your corys will be fine. I've never seen any barbel wear in any of my corys. Most of us haven't. If substrate were a great problem there would be many threads about corys with bleeding, worn barbels and there aren't.

Last edited:
Bronze corys are some of the easiest to find in the stores, so you should be able to get more.

Whatever the substrate, sand or gravel, as long as it is not sharp, your cories will be fine. I've never seen any barbel wear in any of my corys. Most of us haven't. If substrate were a great problem there would be many threads about corys with bleeding, worn barbels and there aren't.

Ok, thank you!

I have a bronze cory as well but on one side of his face he has had his whiskers chewed off yet I never see him getting picked on.

They are bottom feeders so yeah, they will probably munch on them but they ARE NOT "algae eaters" they enjoy the same variety of foods you would feed the rest of your fish:)

They are bottom feeders so yeah, they will probably munch on them but they ARE NOT "algae eaters" they enjoy the same variety of foods you would feed the rest of your fish:)

Ok, thank you! I knew they weren't algae eaters I was just wondering! Can I give them raw cucumber or do I have to boil it?

Back
Top Bottom