What type of fish is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Neto618

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello I bought this little guy at Walmart. He was sold to me as an algea eater my tank got ich and this was my first aquarium so I panicked medicated the water and my fish died very hard lesson learned this guy was my favorite and I had him since a baby I cannot find him at Walmart anymore or other places near me.

Attachments

• 20161017_154403.jpg
    20161017_154403.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 74
Lesson about ich I was too quick to use chemicals to treat the water and since it's a scaleless fish it did more harm than good I should of just used heat and water changes

Lesson about ich I was too quick to use chemicals to treat the water and since it's a scaleless fish it did more harm than good I should of just used heat and water changes

Yes! Points for you!
I hate ich. I'm a big fan of QT.

For future reference,
Featherfins get hefty. African cat, so prefers warm water but tolerant of a range of Ph. Needs caves and will defend its spot.
I used a metal scoop or a cup to catch them. Not a net. Spines can get caught.
They say 30g min. I'd say at least a 3' long tank. As they can hit 9"

May also ingest smaller fish at night. Many won't tolerate other bottom fish. Not a social Cat, 1 to a tank is fine. Ok with Med to larger tankmates that leave him alone.

More info. The comment section is a fun read
http://www.planetcatfish.com/common/species.php?species_id=121

Back
Top Bottom