What type of Gourami is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JennBell

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I thought it was a variation of the blue, but the fins are different. I would also live some help sexing my blues if that is okay.

ForumRunner_20130322_232617.jpg

ForumRunner_20130322_232833.jpg

ForumRunner_20130322_232706.jpg

ForumRunner_20130322_232617.jpg

ForumRunner_20130322_232726.jpg

ForumRunner_20130322_232812.jpg

ForumRunner_20130322_232833.jpg

Also what type of pleco? He camme with the tank and is horrible skinny. Any ideas to fatten him up?

ForumRunner_20130322_232859.jpg

Sirry for the multiples. Im new and still learning the ropes. The whitish pink is the unknown type. There are 3 blues. I think I may have 2 males and one female. They are getting aling good now. Oddly enough the juvenile blues stay together and the unknown and the mature blue seem to have hit it off.

It sort of looks an alibino paradise fish I'm pretty sure it's not a kisser.

Male gouramis have a longer pointed dorsal fin and a narrower body than the females. As for the one in the blurry pic, I was thinking a powder blue dwarf gourami, but then you mentioned that it's whitish pink and think Josh may have hit on albino paradise fish. If you could get a clearer picture, we'd be able to help more.

depending on it's health is it's a kisser or a moonlight. Your ipcture is either very bad exposure or the fish is stressed. Is it new or did it get new tankmate recent? Actually giant gourami appear like that closest.
What size /age is fish?

Last edited:
giant_gourami.jpg

Pic of giant- I had none of my own. All my gourami were dwarf except one sickly near albino moonlight who looked similar. Paradise fish have better tails. Still, it does not have its feelers out and looks slightly clamped. For your sake hope iot is albino moonlight or kisser.

Sorry about the crappy pictures. Its always very active. And yes its new. It was in the tank with the blues at my local mom and pop. It seems like its does matter the type though as this morning when I got up it was harassing my tetras. My main goal is a peaceful community tank, working around the blue gourami that came with this tank since I feel obligated to give him a better life.

If u want a peaceful tank you can certainly keep the 1 blue gourami but you need to get rid of the rest. Blues are highly intolerant of their own kind and one day it will end up in a blood bath regardless of how well they are doing now. Trust me.

Thank you, I was trying to get him a mate bc according to the previous owner he was happily paired off until her Angels killed the mate. I just want him to be happy.

Your Pleco needs a nice piece of Dwiftwood to munch on. Try blanched veggies or greens. You can weight them down with a veggie clip or stainless steel fork. It may have internal parasites also. If its not eating. Give it at least a couple of good hiding spots also. They like caves. Nothing it can get stuck in.

Back
Top Bottom