what type of hydrometer is better?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shadylady23

Aquarium Advice Activist
I see some that are glass and are straight (Which seem to be less expensive) Then I see Plastic ones that have a round area to them for more money. What should I get?

Nevermind, I've found my answer somewhere else..... Was looking for a quick response so I could order. :)

You want a REFRACTOMETER, or a glass floating straight hydrometer. The problem with the floating hydrometer is that you also want a rippled surface in the tank which then makes the hydrometer very hard to read.

The most accurate device is a refractometer. The swing arm plastic devices are not consistent.

Thumbs up Lady, you are relentless!

Thanks, I try. It's hard with two children under the age of 4 and a husband that's always working and doesn't understand my need for this. But I try to do it in between everything. That's why sometimes I'm frantically looking for answers, cause it's so hard to find time to do the research myself, but at the same time it's a pretty time sensitive issue here that needs attention.

Back
Top Bottom