What type of tetra is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2 of serpeas and 2 buenos. Im getting more within the next few days because we are going to an awesome fish store far away and I want to be able to buy some more fish, but I want the schools to be complete before I do.

Mikalicious209 said:
2 of serpeas and 2 buenos. Im getting more within the next few days because we are going to an awesome fish store far away and I want to be able to buy some more fish, but I want the schools to be complete before I do.

VERY glad to hear you say that! Those will both do better in groups and it should help with any aggressive tendencies the tetras have!

if you keep serpae tetras in a group of 5 or more, they will leave your other fish alone and only bug each other. Also, having lots of cover in your tank will reduce this behavior.

That's not always the case. Serpae's, like black skirts, are known to be nippy sometimes even when kept in a proper school.

siva said:
That's not always the case. Serpae's, like black skirts, are known to be nippy sometimes even when kept in a proper school.

Agreed, but a school can definitely help curb that to a degree.

Ok, then I have to ask if I should get an angel pair. My grandma tried to keep them a while back, but they killed everything. Do you think once I get the schools hooked up I could go with them?

I wouldn't try it. Angels need a big tank, thirty-two gallons is enough for just to fit one or a pair by itself, plus with those long-flowing fins it could be temptations for niperrs.

Make sure their tank mates can't fit in their mouth is the only suggestion I have. Hopefully an angel keeper will chime in!

Ok, idk how big their mouths are, but my serpeas are almost 2 in, and the ba are like almost 3. Is that big enough?

Lol. Ok. Thats what I was thinking, but since they were my first, I didn't want to get rid of them.

Back
Top Bottom