What Would Be Good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovefishies

Aquarium Advice Activist
what would be good with my 4 baby guppies well not so baby any more. i was thinking of a male betta but it would probably eat them? i want to get more fish in my 10 gallon as long as my 1 gallon

I'd say more livebearers in a 10 gallon tank is asking for trouble - too many fry.

Have you thought about a gourami ? there are so many different types and they're all very pretty. Since they can be a little territorial I'd get just one, but the one gourami with the four guppies would look really nice.

I think that you should try to replace your 1 gallon. That would give you more options. I think I read that your hubby wouldn't let you buy any more equipment? Maybe try posting on a local page that lets people swap or get rid of things. I picked up a 10 gallon w/stand, cover, light, gravel, filter and silk plants for free this weekend. And it was like brand new. All I needed to add was the heater.

I think joannde is right. Try to stay away from livebearers unless you have extra room for them. 8O

IME a male betta with guppies is not a good mix. I made this mistake in the past and one of the guppies had died before I was even able to return them to the LFS. Fish with long flowing fins normally do not fare well with bettas.

Back
Top Bottom