what would look better in your opinion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allaboutfish

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok so some basic info.
i have a 29 gallon tank that will be very colorful with cardinal tetras and apistos, but i need some advice on aquascaping. would a tank look better with rocks going the full length of the aquarium or half the aquarium rocks half the aquarium driftwood. i hate how it looks now so i nned some advice. what would you like better? also who has apologeton bulbs? i need to know how they reproduce. mine has a leaf that extends then has a circle forming with a leaf coming out of the ball thing. could the circle be a bulb forming?

You shouldn't scape half and half, with driftwood on one side and rocks on the other, that would just look awkward. Though I do think you can attractively use both. Play with asymmetry, putting the driftwood 2/3 of the way to one side of the tank, and arranging differently sized rocks around it in differently sized stacks and piles. Make sure that there are angles and things, don't lay them all flat. And post pics for any other help!

Those fish would like a tangle of driftwood. You can accent it with moss and java fern. Place objects by thirds try to avoid symmetry.

my fish wont get to stressed with my hands in the tank all day trying to get this right will they?

It'll be okay as long as it's not ALL day. Just make sure you don't use soap or any chemicals on your hands first.

ok thanks guys! time to wash of some more rocks and rearange everything. ill post a pic now and yall tell me what would look good. the pic wont be great, and remember i have atleast 20 other rocks.

5826245662_14a3d4e824.jpg

I definately agree with Rosenweiss: If you played with asymmetry and not stacking the rocks flat, then the tank would be much more balanced so-to-speak.

um i think i see multiple eggs on the driftwood whether it be cockatoo apisto eggs or juli cory eggs. some are really small and white while others are yellow.would it be a bad idea to move it now since id like to keep the eggs?

Sounds like cory eggs, but I could be wrong! =] You should still be able to move the driftwood, though, and I would... right now it's very isolated from the rocks.

yea im thinking of flipping it to make an upside down V in the middle then sticking a aponogeton in the middle of it. then stacking rocks on the other side of it. what do you think. im going to add more aponogeton for the back and more anubius nana in the front along with some marimo moss.

It's hard to imagine without pictures, but I'd resist putting it right in the middle. Remember, asymmetry is key!

ill probably scrape the eggs off and put them in a breeder net so they dont get eatin. hopefully i can hatch them bc i only have 2 corys at the moment, and last time they layed eggs most got eatin.

well id be offset. see the rocks will stay as is on the left then the driftwood then more rocks. ill take a pic when im done.

they werent eggs. i dont know what they were but they just broke into pieces so definently not eggs.

here it is. ignore the sand an picture quality. my phone sucks and i just vacumed.
i need to add more plants and some more rocks and rearange the one on the left.
5827012310_3a9c1f2f60.jpg

allaboutfish said:
here it is. ignore the sand an picture quality. my phone sucks and i just vacumed.
i need to add more plants and some more rocks and rearange the one on the left.

This way looks better, I would add (if possible) some tall plants behind the rocks also....

Back
Top Bottom