What Would You Add?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thutton33

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey,
I recently lost the main fish of my tank (8 Inch Oscar) :confused:

So I would like to find out what other people would add in my position.

Tank:
75G
Fluval 404
Emperor 350

Fish:
1 Male Green Severum (6 Inches)
1 Female Green Severum (4 Inches)
(Not Paired, just FYI)

If you really enjoyed your Oscar, I would go for another .. But I would buy a larger sized one... Unless you can buy a baby and let it grow for awhile in another tank.

silver dollars, jack dempsey, firemouth cichlid, flowerhorn, green terror (which is actually quite docile), gold severum

All good fish, dempseys might be a little too aggressive.

All the Green Terrors I have ever seen, even at the LFS where a tank of them are damaged in every way possible, were super aggressive. I am not trying to jack the thread, but where did you get that GTs were docile fish?
Just curious.

They are super aggressive and will try to control your tank unless you have something in there that is bigger.

Maybe I am just basing my opinion on my experiences. All the Jack Dempseys I have ever owned were not that aggressive at all.

This is all going to be dependant on what other fish you have in your tank and I would say, the overall environment.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/thutton33-7985.html thutton33 - am not sure about the temperment of your Severums, but I agree with asudavew, buy an Oscar that is larger.

All the Green Terrors I have ever seen, even at the LFS where a tank of them are damaged in every way possible, were super aggressive. I am not trying to jack the thread, but where did you get that GTs were docile fish?
Just curious.

They are super aggressive and will try to control your tank unless you have something in there that is bigger.

Maybe I am just basing my opinion on my experiences. All the Jack Dempseys I have ever owned were not that aggressive at all.

This is all going to be dependant on what other fish you have in your tank and I would say, the overall environment.

thutton33 - am not sure about the temperment of your Severums, but I agree with asudavew, buy an Oscar that is larger.

I have a friend with a tank full of south american and african cichlids, including a green terror. He is quite docile, but maybe he's the exception to the rule. We don't normally carry them at the LFS I work at, so I don't have a lot of first-hand experience with them.

Back
Top Bottom