what would you do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
For some twisted reason, I can not stay away from the new pet store in town. Its twisted because this place actually makes me sick to my stomach!!
IMO they have more animals than they can properly take care of, birds with dirty cages, bunnys in a plastic tub, And the fish! I was looking at the betas, which I shouldn't do in the first place, those little cups are so sad. But I was looking, and the water in the cups wasn't even clean!!! it was all gross and thick looking. One of the betas looked to have fin rot or the mold from the food on the bottom of the cup just starting growing up its fins, I couldn't tell. I guess I keep hoping I will go in one day and they will have made some drastic changes. I don't think that is going to happen. What should I do? I hate to be mean to people, I don't want to insult them, this business is probably supporting them, but I cant do nothing. should I report them to someone? the health department? the bbb? animal control? I am totaly at a loss. Its really Gross!

try the aspca, they can put you in touch with people locally or their own local office. it depends on where you are and what not. you could also anonymously call and threaten the same, see if they do it, but its been my experience that just like owners some people should have pets some should not. period. they are probably the later

Back
Top Bottom