what would you do. sorry so long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ky'smommy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
A few weeks ago.. i special ordered a male discus from a lady locally. Who appeared to have a business and nice discus.
All was set to go. I told her i would also be intrested in some of her other new arrivals.
She told me they were arriving on a thursday...... I never heard from her. I found a post that said friday. So i contacted her through email to find out. She called me back and told me that she would be coming threw my city between 5-9pm on that friday.Also that she would call me when she left where she was that would be about 1.5 hour notice. So i turned my cell on and made sure it was on earlier in the day just in case anything changed.
So friday past and so did half of saterday with no calls nothing. I finally got my dad who was supose to come meet her with me. To call her. She instantly called him back THEN me. She said she called my cell at 4 and i never answered so she drove through. Well SHE NEVER CALLED ME. MY PHONE NEVER RANG ONCE.. Kinda pissed cause she never had her **** together. But i gave her the benifit of the doubt cause her 1 year old son was appariently sick.

I asked her to post pictures so i could make my pick so she could hold them until she came back through. which she promised was early this week. Well she said saterday by four i would have the pictures.
The rest of saterday, sunday , monday passed and no pictures. i had also contacted her by email to remind her. No reply. In that time she was online 10-15 times and also updated her site but with no pictures of the discus...
Finally late last night i informed my dad that she had not contacted me back after all that time. So he contacted her. and within an hour she had replyed to him. Then shortly after i was contacted.
This makes me mad cause shes supose to be dealing with me not my dad.
Well apparently after i talked to her My male discus had died and she had not contacted me......... for a few days.
Her excuse her family was sick. but also the 20-30 new fish she told me she had are all sold. and she was online enough to do stuff for herself.
This is what she offered me 3 pictures of 3 different sick looking discus. and 1 okay discus. And apparently a 3 inch male.... Not of the kind i was looking for 5 dollars off. Which also looks sickly.
From her original pictures on her site. The discus appeared healthy and nice looking.

Pretty much what i am asking is would you even contact this person and tell her ur opinions and service sucks.
or would u just leave it alone....

Sounds like a scam. Not worth the headache. Discus are not that hard a fish to come by. I hope you haven't given this person any money.

Walk away.

my lfs dont even sell discus. I have to travel 1 and a half hours to get one.
i called everywhere and been everywhere. They are either babies or they cant give me a male.
I never gave her any money. i was smart that way and i wouldnt purchase a fish without seeing it.
That was the point of the whole meeting to discus the fish and see them and pick them...
I guess cause it is so hard to get what im looking for. I want to tell her what i think and she should learn to run a business. I feel screwed out of a birthday present for myself because she s stupid. Everyone in my family even tried to get me a male. See i have a breeding pair of discus and lone female laying eggs. I just wanted one fish for a partner.

She probably has a fake store and the pictures came from google search or something
don't buy from her, end your business with her.

I know there are reputable sources for discus online. Surprised someone hasn't offered another source. Perhaps try and post that as a separate question.

I don't think I would be all tha upset. If you have to work to get someone to do business with you then it should be sending up flags rather quickly. Count yourself lucky and stick with reputable sources, no friend of a friend, or some lady, You might have to drop top dollar but well worth it to get good stock.

Sometimes it pays to heed the warning. PM me and I'll put you in touch with some of the best discus people in the country.

Actions speak louder than words....

Telling her what you think may make you feel a little better for a moment or two, but you still have no fish.

Put that energy into finding your fish, it will be time much better spent.

Sounds like kind of a headache for you, but IMO you should just let it go. As long as you didn't spend any money, no big deal I guess.

I've heard good things about somethingsphishy.com, and about rockymountaindiscus.com (I think that's it). But of course BrianNY is probably a more reliable source than me!

Back
Top Bottom